What a great place to start. We offer nurturing care and creative learning experiences. At La Petite Academy®, your child will discover respect, collaboration, and the joy of learning. Our exclusive School Readiness Pathway charts each child’s unique course to elementary school and future academic success, with specialized curriculum and developmentally appropriate programs for infants to school-age students. With our STEM curriculum, science, technology, engineering, and math are part of everything we do in the classroom.
This post is brought to you by our partners at La Petite Academy®.
An Ideal Learning Environment
A well-designed child care environment inspires curiosity and enhances learning. We provide a warm, intimate, secure place for children to learn and explore at their own pace.
Our classrooms are specifically designed based on age group:
- Infants & Toddlers: We prepare infants and toddlers for preschool using our exclusive early education curriculum.
- Twos & Early Preschool: Classes for two- to four-year-old children aimed at building and enhancing early skills.
- Preschool: Freedom and planned instruction are combined to provide children with success and confidence.
- Pre-k: Our STEM-focused early education classroom develops skills vital to success in kindergarten.
- Junior Kindergarten: Students learn the structure of kindergarten while preparing for elementary school.
- Private Kindergarten: Personalized, independent education aimed at preparing children for academic success.
Cleanliness is vital, so we take significant precautions to prevent the spread of germs.
- In the infant areas, all teachers and staff wear booties to limit outside germs.
- All spaces that children come in contact with are regularly disinfected.
- All the children’s toys are disinfected on a regular basis.
Safety & Security – Our Top Priority
Providing a safe, secure environment is our No. 1 priority. It’s as simple as that. We make every effort to keep your child safe, happy, and healthy.
Every location has procedures and standards that are strictly enforced, including:
- Secure lobby and classrooms. Every entrance is equipped with an electronic lock. All parents must know the PIN number, while all visitors are greeted at the door to sign in and be assisted.
- Visitor precautions. Photo ID is required from all unfamiliar visitors. A visitor listed as authorized to pick up a child must still show photo ID if they are not familiar to the school director and/or assistant director.
- Equipment safety. One of our many precautions is “non-tippable,” child-sized tables. Regular monitoring ensures equipment is in good working order.
Nutrition – Healthy Choices for Growing Kids
Menus include a variety of foods which meet daily nutritional needs and satisfy licensing requirements. When substitutions are necessary, we’ll maintain the nutritional content of the overall menu and post updates so you know what’s been served.
Meals are served family style and may include your child assisting in areas such as:
- Table setting
- Food serving
- Cleaning up
View the sample weekly menu that offers examples of the healthy options we offer for breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack.
We encourage children to sample new foods and taste what’s being served; however, we cannot require children to eat or punish them if they choose not to eat all foods served. Please speak with your school director if you have specific concerns because of:
- Religious reasons
- Special dietary needs
- Allergies or other considerations