My husband and I, as many of you, I’m sure, want to raise our daughter to be a thankful person. We want her to acknowledge the blessings in her life, whether in times of lack or times of prosperity, when things are going well, or when things are hard.
It’s in thankfulness that we find true joy & contentment.
So what better way to enter the Thanksgiving season, than by creating a daily reminder to record and share my thanks with my family!
To do so, I created this simple, wipe-off “Thankful board” from things I had lying around the house.
If I can do it, so can you!
A Picture Frame- any size, really. I used an 8×10.
A piece of scrap paper or fabric large enough to fill the space in the frame.
A Sharpie (or a printer!) I do not have the latter, so I had to ‘print’ my own. Yours will be much nicer!
A wipe-off marker
1. If using a standard square piece of scrapbooking paper, you’ll need to cut it down to the size of your frame. I used the sample paper that came with my frame as my template and just cut around it.
2. Choose the font & design you want. I created one on my computer first, making sure to leave plenty of room to write later with my wipe-off marker. Transfer your design to your paper – either by handwriting it or printing it on your pre-cut paper.
3. Insert it in your frame and put someplace where you will see it every day…and be thankful! (Keep the wipe-off marker nearby so everyone in the house will be encouraged to add some thanks.)
– Use burlap as a backing for a textured, seasonal look. If you do this, you’ll need to use stick-on letters for your words at the top or write or paint directly onto the glass.
– If you have a family of readers & writers, use several 5×7 frames-one for each member of the family. Then take turns throughout the month writing special notes of thankfulness for each of them! (A great way to get children involved in being thankful and saying “thank you!”)