Even though East Tennessee is just now starting to cool down, it’s hard to not be really excited about fall and sweaters and boots and bonfires…and PUMPKIN EVERYTHING!!
If you’re a pumpkin hater, this post is not for you. If you have purchased every pumpkin product on the market and have no shame in your game, this post is for you.
I am lucky to live in a house where everyone loves pumpkin except my toddler, which I honestly don’t mind because if you have food Mason likes and won’t share with him, he turns into a hangry miniature version of the Hulk.
And whether the food has actual pumpkin or just “pumpkin” spices, I’m probably buying them all – just because I saw the word pumpkin. If I had self-control, I wouldn’t buy all the pumpkin things.
But self-control and pumpkin do not belong in the same sentence…ever!!
Even though I love to buy pumpkin foods, I love to make them too and thought I’d share a dozen pumpkiny recipes that I have either already made or I desperately want to make:
- Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Bread – Every Monday, I get Starbucks when I go grocery shopping. It’s my weekly treat. I love that they have pumpkin bread all year round, but I would love to make a whole loaf at home.
- Pumpkin Cake Truffles** – These truffles are so adorable and they are the perfect treat to make with the help of your kids!
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Thumbprint Cookies** – Another adorable recipe that is kid-friendly!
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake – I love cheesecake, but ain’t nobody got time for that! I love no-bake versions that don’t take hours to bake and set in the oven with the door open.
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting** – This is a recipe from my blog. I made it for my birthday a few years ago because I love pumpkin and cupcakes are awesome!
- Pumpkin Spice Iced Coffee** – It’s been so warm for the majority of September, so iced coffee is a must — but you can still get your fall on with this pumpkin spice recipe.
- Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Bars** – It’s a graham cracker crust, dulce de leche cheesecake layer, and a pumpkin pie layer. I mean…it’s heaven in bar form!!
- Pumpkin Pie Pretzels** – I love the pumpkin pie pretzels I’ve seen at the store, but they are so easy to make that I threw together a batch last year!
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats** – Have y’all tried overnight oats yet? I like making them every once in a while and PSL flavor…sign me up! 🙂
- Pumpkin Cookie Dough Bark – Had to include a bark recipe since it’s also cookie dough as well.
- Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Cookies** – Hello! Caramel and pumpkin are two peas in a pod. I love the picture of the cookie pulled apart and the ooey gooey caramel stretching in between the two pieces. Yum.
- Pumpkin Spice Caramels – And if you wanted to double-up the pumpkin spice in the recipe above, you could make these pumpkin caramels to use in them! Or just for eating.
[** – denotes the recipe is featured in the collage]
If you have a favorite pumpkin recipe, be sure to leave the link below in the comments!
For more about fall, contributor Kara shared the 2016 Knoxville Fall Fun Festivities and Corn Mazes, Pumpkin Patches, and Trick-or-Treating schedules. Contributor Jenny shared the current decorating trends for Fall 2016!