I’m always on the lookout for a new recipe — one that is easy, fast, delicious, and at least somewhat healthy. I am obsessed with this chicken! It’s ready to go pretty quickly and has the most amazing flavor. I also love that I get a good serving of pasta with it with a delicious sauce that has a nice lemon tang to it. Put lemon on anything, and I’m there. Give this chicken recipe from the Pioneer Woman a try and you will be adding it in to your regular rotation.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts [I use thin chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins also work well.]
4 T flour
5 T butter
4 T olive oil
1 cup white wine
3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup heavy cream
Fresh parsley, chopped
1. Salt and pepper chicken breasts and dredge in flour.
2. Heat 2 T butter and 2 T oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Fry 2 chicken breasts until golden brown [about 3 minutes on each side].
4. Remove chicken to plate once done and add 2 T butter and 2 T olive oil to pan.
5. Fry other 2 chicken breasts until golden brown, being careful not to burn the oil and butter mixture in the pan.
6. Remove chicken to plate once done.
7. Turn heat to medium/medium-low and pour in wine, chicken broth, and juice from 2 lemons.
8. Whisk the sauce scraping the pan to mix it all together.
9. Let sauce bubble and thicken up until reduced by half.
10. Add salt and pepper as desired.
11. Turn heat to low and add cream. Whisk together and let cook for several minutes until sauce thickens.
12. Make adjustments to sauce according to your preferences by adding more broth or cream.
13. Add chopped parsley.
14. Serve alongside angel hair pasta.
This recipe is from the Pioneer Woman. You can find it and other delicious recipes here!
I like to add green vegetables with this dish. Broccoli, asparagus, spinach maria, or salad are all great compliments to this dish.