Need a cheap and quick Halloween costume for the entire family? You’ve found one!
Since we are on a very tight budget, I had to come up with something creative, cheap, and fun for my family to be for Halloween this year. My sister was coming to visit and I absolutely wanted to include her since we rarely get to see each other. I decided on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles since my son already had a TMNT tee shirt handed down to him.
**TIP: Start with something you already have in your house, like a kid’s shirt or pajamas you could easily turn into a costume.**
I’m not lying. I made my husband, myself, my toddler, and my sister all Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Halloween costumes for $15. Here’s how:
1. Streamers (I already had red and orange in my craft supplies, so I only had to buy purple and blue).
3. Ninja Turtle Tattoos (optional).
4. Anything in the toy aisle that could be use as a weapon (optional — I’m sure everyone has a bazillion toys lying around they could use).
- Lime Green Spray Paint (download their app and use a coupon!).
- Lime Green Tee Shirts — I found these on sale for $2.99 and then used coupons from their app.
- Neon Green Paracord — used to make the straps for the “turtle shell.”
Step 2: Spray another layer of paint, if desired. Let dry for a few hours. I let mine dry overnight.
Step 3: Once dry, safely use a knife or scissors to cut four holes in the aluminum pans for the paracord to go through.
Step 4: Place paracord through the holes and measure how long you need the straps. Tie off.
Step 5: Get dressed. Tie off appropriate colored streamers on legs, arms, head, etc. We noticed our streamers tore very easily, so be cautious of that.
Step 6: HAVE FUN!!